Database and Events Assistant
The Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF) is a 45-year old New York-based national organization that protects and promotes the civil rights of Asian Americans through litigation, advocacy, and community education. Program priorities include immigrant rights, economic justice for workers, anti-trafficking, housing and environmental justice, and voting rights and civic participation. For more information about AALDEF and its activities, visit our website at http://www.aaldef.org.
AALDEF is seeking a full-time Database and Events Assistant to support the daily operations of the development department by working closely with the Development Director and Assistant Director. A major portion of the Database and Events Assistant’s time is dedicated to updating and maintaining the donor database.
The ideal applicant is growth-oriented, has prior experience and a deep commitment to the non-profit sector, and seeks a career in nonprofit fundraising, and special events.
- Process, track, and acknowledge donations;
- Maintain contact database and donor records, including all database protocols;
- Prepare donor reports and mailing lists from database;
- Maintain a weekly calendar of development activities;
- Assist in sponsorship development and outreach, manage ticket sales and donations, prepare mailings, and coordinate silent auction for annual gala;
- Assist with logistics, planning, and preparations for special events;
- Provide support for donor mailings, public communications, and newsletters;
- Assist with grant reports as needed;
- Conduct prospect research as needed;
- Provide support for general office duties as needed, including answering phones and sorting mail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of office administrative experience preferred.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Prior CRM database management experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated interest in AALDEF’s program areas and civil rights advocacy.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.
Compensation: Salary is competitive with the nonprofit sector and is commensurate with experience. Excellent health and vacation benefits.
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt. Standard hours of work 9:30am – 5:30pm.
To Apply: Please email a brief cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to email@example.com, with the subject line “Database and Events Assistant”.
AALDEF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.